xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Initial whitespace in PI from XSLT, main body

2022-05-08 14:02:27

Do we want the behavior of almost all current XML processing tools to
suddenly become "incompliant"?

Wendell is proposing an application-level house style for use of processing
instructions, a rule for the next level up the protocol stack, which is
perfectly legitimate.

In fact I've heard others propose a stronger convention, namely that processing
instructions should use the syntax of attribute="value" pairs, as in an element
start tag: that's the design convention used for the xml-stylesheet processing
instruction.

Michael Kay
Saxonica