Re: imode far superior to wap

2000-08-10 18:00:02
From: Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp>

If you want phone with real Internet style, see our INET paper:

      http://www.isoc.org/inet2000/cdproceedings/4a/4a_3.htm

Excellent!  That is far better than any IP telephony proposal I've
ever seen.

Run this kind of protocol over Ricochet terminal and WAP and iMODE
will disapper.

Well, Ricochet doesn't have a tenth the coverage that digital
cellular does, at least around here:
  http://www.ricochet.com/about_us/coverage_maps/index.html

But if Ricochet integrated Simple Internet Phone in their tranceivers,
the demand would probably allow them to expand their coverage fast
and far, which would be great.

You can purchase a prototype terminal adapter.

Please tell me how.  I want a few.

Cheers,
James