Re: imode far superior to wap

2000-08-11 17:00:03
Masataka,

Seriously, I would like to get a pair of Simple Internet Phone
prototype terminal adapters.  You said they can be purchased.  I
have not been able to find any other references to them.  Please
explain how they can be obtained.

Brijesh,

In answer to your questions:

What makes you think that the system experts from Motorola, Nortel,
Lucent, Erricson, Nokia who developed WAP over several months needed
to learn protocol design lessons[?]

The fact that they went to great lengths to design a closed protocol
after decades of evidence in favor of open protocols has piled up,
for starters.

Doesn't it occur to you that there may be reasons for decisions in
the design that you may not be aware?  Think!

What others than simple greed do you think there are?

Cheers,
James