RE: imode far superior to wap

2000-08-10 23:00:04
folks,

our current plan is NOT to try to extend a single address space
across the solar system. We plan to confine address spaces to
planets, satellites, space vehicles and the backbone Internet -
but each address space is independent. We plan to use something
akin to the domain name system for interplanetary-wide references.
It's a little more complex than that, but in any case we concluded
that trying to extend the end/end ADDRESS paradigm across the
distances of the solar system were unrealistic.

The design team is working on a spec it will look forward to sharing
with anyone interested.

vint