Re: New Procmail Recipe Forum at UNIX.COM for the Procmail Community

2003-02-15 19:18:15
On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 03:18:20PM -0500, Tim Bass wrote:

Sean,

I am going to reply to your antisocial and rude message.

First of all, I am not a bigot against client mailers and don't attack
people because they might use an MS product on their desktop and an UNIX
server on the back end.  UNIX.COM is run on Linux and I like to also run
other OS, why does that offend you?  Are you older than 15?  Or just a
computer OS religious zealot?   Want to terrorist me?

Hostility and top-posting in response to someone questioning the need
for your "forum" and criticizing your method of publicizing it...
Bragging about having a UNIX back-end, when you have given no mention of
any UNIX product. No, Linux isn't one. In this day and age, I'm a bit
surprised you haven't had the domain sued away from you by the owners of
the trademark.

[ snip ]

Joining a list to provide a link to a newly created Procmail receipe forum
is not spam, even withstanding your better-than-everyone childish claim that
when you are smarter and more experienced in a subject that you have a right
to be rude to newcomers.

"This message is not spam, because you have expressed an interest in one
of our products or those of one of our affiliates." Sound familiar?

You would not be welcome on UNIX.COM, because our forums, with 24,000
registered users have a rule that being rude is not allowed.  We only allow
NICE, INTELLIGENT and SOCIALABLE RESPONSIBLE people to post and moderate.

I didn't see rude in the response to your post. I see borderline rude in
your comments in the first paragraph of your response to Sean's response,
quoted above.

--
55. The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their place in my
    Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on important covert