[fetchmail]Re: [fetchmail-announce] 6.0.0 release is imminent

2002-06-08 14:58:51
I'm considering shipping 6.0.0 shortly.  This is intended to be
an ultra-stable release.

Here is what I have integrated since 5.8.13:

* Cygwin port fixes for socket.c.
* Matthias Andree's patches to:
  (a) clean up xmalloc types,
  (b) improve distclean,
  (c) use sendmail -i in configure.in and dump the fallback configuration,
  (d) turn fallback off by default.
* Scott Gifford's dotted-quad patch.

If you know of any outstanding bug fixes (not new features) that need
to go in before 6.0.0, speak now.

I'm on fetchmail-5.9.9-1.

It, like releases ever since you implemented automatic rereading the config
file, seems rather prone to silently terminating when the ~/.fetchmailrc is
changed. I fear I've learned to live with it, but it really should get some
attention.

Also, I suspect there's a problem if the changed config is invalid. As I
recall,
you said it works by execking itself. If so, then I reckon that if the new
config file contains errors then it will terminate, though not silently as it
does for me.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
        be right!