Re: [fetchmail]6.0.0 release is imminent

2002-06-18 02:56:49
"Michael H. Warfield" <mhw(_at_)wittsend(_dot_)com> writes:

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 10:45:15AM -0400, Eric S Raymond wrote:
I'm considering shipping 6.0.0 shortly.  This is intended to be
an ultra-stable release.

Here is what I have integrated since 5.8.13:

[...]

* Scott Gifford's dotted-quad patch.

If you know of any outstanding bug fixes (not new features) that need
to go in before 6.0.0, speak now.

      Possible problem...

      I just started rolling IPv6 into production and discovered
that, even when compiled with --enable-inet6, fetchmail complains
that it can not obtain the canonical name of a host if it's IPv6 only

This reminds me, somebody who knows IPv6 should modify my dottedquad
patch to Do The Right Thing with an IPv6 address.  The Right Thing is
clearly documented in the RFC, but I don't have any IPv6 machines I
could develop and test on.

I'll be happy to provide help with this.

----ScottG.