[fetchmail]Re: [fetchmail-announce] 6.0.0 release is imminent

2002-06-08 21:48:42
John Summerfield <summer(_at_)os2(_dot_)ami(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>:
It, like releases ever since you implemented automatic rereading the config
file, seems rather prone to silently terminating when the ~/.fetchmailrc is
changed. I fear I've learned to live with it, but it really should get some
attention.

I'd love to give it some, but I can't reproduce the problem.

Also, I suspect there's a problem if the changed config is
invalid. As I recall, you said it works by execking itself. If so,
then I reckon that if the new config file contains errors then it
will terminate, though not silently as it does for me.

If the changed config is invalid, fetchmail will silently die.  This
behavior is documented.

You and others are reporting death even when the changed config is valid.
That I don't understand; it works for me.