Re: [fetchmail]6.0.0 release is imminent

2002-06-17 19:46:54
On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 10:45:15AM -0400, Eric S Raymond wrote:
I'm considering shipping 6.0.0 shortly.  This is intended to be
an ultra-stable release.

Here is what I have integrated since 5.8.13:

* Cygwin port fixes for socket.c.
* Matthias Andree's patches to:
  (a) clean up xmalloc types,
  (b) improve distclean,
  (c) use sendmail -i in configure.in and dump the fallback configuration,
  (d) turn fallback off by default.
* Scott Gifford's dotted-quad patch.

If you know of any outstanding bug fixes (not new features) that need
to go in before 6.0.0, speak now.

        Possible problem...

        I just started rolling IPv6 into production and discovered
that, even when compiled with --enable-inet6, fetchmail complains
that it can not obtain the canonical name of a host if it's IPv6 only
(I have my DNS separated into IPv4, IPv6 global, and IPv6 site local
for testing).  Seems to be a problem with "gethostbyname()".  I'm
still exploring that to find out why.

        IAC...  Building RedHat RPM's...

        1) RedHat now ships with OpenSSL.  Should add --with-ssl to the
configure command in the fetchmail.spec file (or where ever you feel
is appropriate).

        2) RedHat now is IPv6 enabled and ready.  Should add --enabled-inet6
to the configure command in the fetchmail.spec file.  Of course, it would
be nice to make the IPv6-Only systems work, but that's orthogonal to
enabling it in the spec file.

        BTW...  I'm currently trying to test the SSL stuff with my
IPv6-Only hosts.  So I have to solve the IPv6 problem to test the
other.  :-/

--

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound
to enforce it.        -- 16 Am. Jur. Sec. 177 late 2d, Sec 256

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw(_at_)WittsEnd(_dot_)com
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/