SUCCESS: [fetchmail] Polling my ISP

2003-07-06 15:14:24
Let me just start off by saying that I was really scared to post on the
list. It seems that most of the *nix lists out there are really rough
when it comes to those new to the linux world.I am a ham radio operator
and those lists are VERY different than the linux related ones when it
comes to new users. But I had no other choice after almost 18 hours in 1
day of trying! All you you were really GREAT!

Between Rob, Dave and Alberto all of the leads got me thinking in the
right place. The box I am using is a clarkconnect distro using RH7.3
since it is my server box I usually log in as root to do the tasks
needed. All of the work I had been trying to do and checking all the
suggestions you all asked was as root.

When Rob asked in his last posting for some information I could not get
it no matter what making me try logging in as the 2 mail users I had set
up. Once I did that the files were where they should have been all the
time and I could access the information as requested.

I fired up fechmail -d 60 on both accounts and the HD started spinning
"in harmony".

Now I am going to go in stop the servers and let them run as normal
since I already have the commands set up in fetchmailrc and see if they
work properly without the dameon mode.

Next stop SPAM filtering, and setting up my wife's account for her
Ibook... suggestions for a newbie ??

Rich