Re: [fetchmail] Re: fetchmail: header problems

2003-07-29 22:58:16
From: Payal Rathod <payal-fetchmail(_at_)staticky(_dot_)com>

Wish it was that simple. But no. This was the first config I used before
I turned to the list for help.

Still the problem persists even after the simple configuration.
Now in queue I see,
# QUEUE
30 Jul 2003 02:02:07 GMT  #140852  32314  <>
        remote  fyluty826w(_at_)msn(_dot_)com
30 Jul 2003 02:02:08 GMT  #140855  3800  <>
        remote  molfox(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
30 Jul 2003 02:02:13 GMT  #140857  6329  <>
        remote  p818jc(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com

Ok, you have problems with your local mail server configuration. Fix it before you do anything else.

I didn't send you two copies anytime. I am extra bit careful with this
stuff. But I don't understand this in your headers.

Sadly not everybody is careful, and I've had some people not take the hint.

Also, I would suggest you use Mail-Followup-To: header so people using
good MUA will not be tempted to send you 2 copies.

Yeah, and this is Hotmail. You don't get that choice. The "best" it does is allow a Reply-To, which in this case is an autoresponder saying "go away". Visit http://www.privacy.net/ for details (and no, I have nothing to do with them).

The last failure makes no sense, if you're using the .fetchmailrc I gave you. I'm afraid you're beyond my ability to help until you fix your local mail server. Once you've done that the .fetchmailrc should work just fine (though I'm no qmail expert).

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?