Re: [fetchmail]Need to adjust HELO domain and Mail From: used by fetchmail

2004-11-22 12:37:53
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:16:33 -0500 (EST), David C Niemi
<niemi(_at_)tuxers(_dot_)net> wrote:

I am using fetchmail to retrieve email from mailbox subfolders used to
report spam and ham.  At some point while fetchmail is fetching email it
decides to send email somewhere (where, I'm not sure) and it is using just
"localhost" for its HELO and From domain.  Can I get it to use a FQDN
instead so I can control what happens?

Fetchmail *always* passes the email to the defined SMTP server,
localhost by default.  Well, unless you've told it to deliver directly
to the LDA (such as procmail), but it'll never use a random SMTP
server.

Check your local SMTP server's logs.  You may also find the output of
"fetchmail -v -v" useful.

If you still have problems, please let the list know:

1) Version of fetchmail
2) Operating system (ie RedHat 8.0)
3) Contents of .fetchmailrc (hide passwords)
4) Output of "fetchmail -v -v"
5) SMTP server logs for that run

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.