Re: [fetchmail]Need to adjust HELO domain and Mail From: used by fetchmail

2004-11-23 10:52:53
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Rob MacGregor wrote:
Try setting smtphost.  I'm guessing that fetchmail does a rDNS on the
IP of the outbound interface.  Also worth checking that "hostname"
does return something other than "localhost" or
"localhost.localdomain".

smtphost is already set to the server's fqdn, but it is on the same
machine, so it is implicitly going to use localhost as the actual IP.
"hostname" correctly returns the real full name, but that doesn't help
here as Fetchmail is not using the hostname except when it's working with
Kerberos and feels that it must.

| David C Niemi  (Reston, VA, USA)  niemi at tuxers dot net |
| Initiative, unlike vengeance, is a dish best served hot.  |