Re: [fetchmail]Need to adjust HELO domain and Mail From: used by fetchmail

2004-11-22 23:50:18
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:06:52 -0500 (EST), David C Niemi
<niemi(_at_)tuxers(_dot_)net> wrote:

Yes, you have it right.  It is not just a matter of PostFix rejecting the
mail; I could configure PostFix differently, but only at the expense of
letting in vast quantities of spam.  So I really want to be able to
distinguish this email by having it use a proper hostname on the HELO
line.  I get the impression that Fetchmail doesn't let you control what it
says on the HELO line, though I couldn't quite find it in the
documentation.

Try setting smtphost.  I'm guessing that fetchmail does a rDNS on the
IP of the outbound interface.  Also worth checking that "hostname"
does return something other than "localhost" or
"localhost.localdomain".

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor