Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail to Microsoft exchange 2000

2005-04-12 11:32:12
On Tuesday 12 April 2005 18:23, Rob wrote:
This works fine, but pop2exchange is flaky at best and I can go days with
out it working unless someone complains about not getting external email
in...

Gotta love flaky software!

So I was thinking of using fetchmail to pop the email off the postfix
server instead of the pop2exchange doing it,  and forward it to the
exchange server.

I bet there's a way to do that, but somebody else on the list will have to
tell you how because I don't know...

I thought of smtping it right from the postfix server to exchange server,
but I do not know too much about postfix, plus its running in conjunction
with VHCS2 hosting control panel.....

I think it would be worth asking the postfix list.  I don't know anything
about VHCS2, but it shouldn't matter.  You have to add all your users to the
Exchange server anyways...

Is this any clearer? Sorry if I was obtuse before hand...

Yes, but you weren't obtuse - it's just that one's own situation is always
easier for oneself to understand than others...

Good luck!
--
Casey Allen Shobe | SeattleServer, Inc.
cshobe(_at_)seattleserver(_dot_)com | cell 425-443-4653