Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail to Microsoft exchange 2000

2005-04-12 11:36:44
Exchange server is already set up..... as it was working via the other software pop2exchange....

but for fun (and to humor me) what is the syntax for wanting to ....

get the user rob email off pop3 server with pass 1234 and forward to another server to address rob

I know its not the above, but not sure what it would be...
the syntax is a little weird....

Thanks allot...

Rob...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Casey Allen Shobe" <lists(_at_)seattleserver(_dot_)com>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Cc: "Rob" <rob(_at_)thehostmasters(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail to Microsoft exchange 2000

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 18:23, Rob wrote:
This works fine, but pop2exchange is flaky at best and I can go days with
out it working unless someone complains about not getting external email
in...

Gotta love flaky software!

So I was thinking of using fetchmail to pop the email off the postfix
server instead of the pop2exchange doing it,  and forward it to the
exchange server.

I bet there's a way to do that, but somebody else on the list will have to
tell you how because I don't know...

I thought of smtping it right from the postfix server to exchange server,
but I do not know too much about postfix, plus its running in conjunction
with VHCS2 hosting control panel.....

I think it would be worth asking the postfix list.  I don't know anything
about VHCS2, but it shouldn't matter. You have to add all your users to the
Exchange server anyways...

Is this any clearer? Sorry if I was obtuse before hand...

Yes, but you weren't obtuse - it's just that one's own situation is always
easier for oneself to understand than others...

Good luck!
--
Casey Allen Shobe | SeattleServer, Inc.
cshobe(_at_)seattleserver(_dot_)com | cell 425-443-4653