Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail to Microsoft exchange 2000

2005-04-12 14:52:29
On Apr 12, 2005 5:37 PM, Rob <rob(_at_)thehostmasters(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am on a Fedora Core 2 box running fetchmail 6.25

here is my .fetchmailrc file

    defaults protocol pop3
    poll mail.domain.com

user "rob(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" there with pass "1234" smtphost
192.168.0.223 is *

You probably want to set the smtphost globally, rather than for the
user,but if it works...

when I run fetchmail I get this as a response(domain names have been
replaced to protected the innocent)  :)

Really needed a run of "fetchmail -v -v" to show what's going on

fetchmail: nameserver failure while looking for `stewy' during poll of
mail.domain.com.
fetchmail: nameserver failure while looking for `stewy' during poll of
mail.domain.com.
. not flushed

Knowing what caused those would be useful (see above and below).

stewy is the hostname of the hosting provider email server

Then I never see/get those emails  on my exchange server???

That's where the logs from your Exchange server are critical.  The
logs suggest that the mail was passed to the Exchange server (though
the lack of the "-v -v" means we can't be certain).  The question is
what did Exchange do with it...

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor