Re: [fetchmail]Unwanted "retained"

2005-11-22 00:04:46
On 22/11/05, fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org <fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org>
wrote:
This afternoon, when fetching mail from one of my mailboxes, I started to
get the notice "reading message 1 of xx (521 octets) fetchmail:
retained".
It's always the first message and always the same size.  All other
messages are "flushed" as desired.

fetchmail -v reports:

fetchmail: 5.7.4 querying mail.paxp.com (protocol POP3) at Mon Nov 21
22:27:23 2005

I'll stop right there and say - upgrade.  The 5.7 branch is ancient
history and a lot of bug fixes have happend since.  The latest is
6.2.5.4 and can be found at Berlios.de (which typically is acting up
right now) or via http://freshmeat.net/projects/fetchmail/

Once you've upgraded try again and post if you're still having problems.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor