Re: [fetchmail]Unwanted "retained"

2005-11-22 07:12:38
<fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org> writes:

This afternoon, when fetching mail from one of my mailboxes, I started to
get the notice "reading message 1 of xx (521 octets) fetchmail:
retained".
It's always the first message and always the same size.  All other
messages are "flushed" as desired.

fetchmail -v reports:

fetchmail: 5.7.4 querying mail.paxp.com (protocol POP3) at Mon Nov 21
22:27:23 2005

I believe that particular bug was carried on well into the 6.X
versions. I'm not even sure 6.2.5* fix this. Maybe, maybe not.

Please download and try fetchmail 6.2.9-rc9 from
<https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1824&release_id=8049>
and then let us know how it works for you.

BTW, have the upstream you're fetching from double check that the
upstream qpopper is not vulnerable but fully patched up against possible
attacks. 2.53 is very old, too.