Re: [fetchmail]Re: Unwanted "retained"

2005-11-23 03:56:51
Sunil Shetye <shetye(_at_)bombay(_dot_)retortsoft(_dot_)com> writes:

If your webmail server is showing no mails and fetchmail is showing
one (retained) mail, then you just ignore it. It is the "FOLDER
INTERNAL DATA" mail that was probably created by the webmail server.
fetchmail neither downloads nor deletes this mail.

To see what the message looks like, go to
<http://www.wam.umd.edu/howto/pophelp.html>.

To fix the "segmentation fault", please upgrade fetchmail. However,
note that the mail will continue to be retained after upgradation.

I have added a FAQ item No. O15, to ship with the upcoming fetchmail
6.3.0, to document this, so we have our own explanation for it and need
not relay on third-party sites.

I have also put a copy of such a message with some more explanations
into the "transact.c" commentary so the place where this special
treatment happens is easier to find.

(Changes are in SVN and will ship with 6.2.9-rc10.)