Re: EBCDIC & uuencode/uudecode

1991-05-10 14:14:05
OK -- So, can we close out the question of base64 vs base85, since
base85 is not possible across the larger realm of reachable mail
recipients, including BITNET and who knows what else.

What we need is a four-wheel drive encoding, not a fragile high speed
bicyle that can only run well on a very smooth road.

Also, can we just agree to go along with PEM-DEV since they have already
made a "good" decision?

Who is keeping track of closed issues and decisions so we can quit
redoing all this woprk every other week?

Best...\Stef