Re: Transport Encodings

1991-09-14 19:16:36
On Fri, 13 Sep 91 17:16:16 -0400 you said:
have to decode them anyway (possibly saving images/executables to disk)
because no one would ever trust incoming binary to use it directly.  And,
while I would not trust everyone, I would trust the mail from those who
send the vast majority of the messages I recieve.

leo j mclaughlin iii
ljm(_at_)ftp(_dot_)com

Leo:

I take it that "those who send the vast majority" are all implementing
a PEM scheme or other digital signature scheme, so that you *know* it
came from them?

Or are you just hoping that nobody telnet's to port 25?

                                  Valdis Kletnieks
                                  Computer Systems Engineer
                                  Virginia Polytechnic Institute