Re: Transport Encodings

1991-09-16 11:33:36
On Fri, 13 Sep 91 17:16:16 -0400 you said:
have to decode them anyway (possibly saving images/executables to disk)
because no one would ever trust incoming binary to use it directly.  And,
while I would not trust everyone, I would trust the mail from those who
send the vast majority of the messages I recieve.

I take it that "those who send the vast majority" are all implementing
a PEM scheme or other digital signature scheme, so that you *know* it
came from them?

No, I trust anyone who comes from my subnets -- I can beat them up,
abuse their file systems, or fire them as needs be.  Anyone clever
enough to get my routers to forward packets with the 'right' addresses
would have many more obnoxious things to do than thrown weird bitmaps
or MS-Word docs on my screen as I read my mail.

enjoy,
leo j mclaughlin iii
ljm(_at_)ftp(_dot_)com