Re: Well, not that harmful (was Re: richtext <nl> model considered harmful)

1992-02-05 01:59:30
Nathaniel writes:

Given these facts, I would like to withdraw my suggestion.  Personally,
I believe that any minor improvement that solution #2 might represent is
far less important than the major disimprovement that would result from
moving richtext to a separate rfc.  (Readers of ietf-822 might not be
aware of this, but so far it is richtext in particular that has
generated the most enthusiasm among early users of the metamail
software, largely because it is so easy to generate even from character
terminals.)

Wholeheartedly agreed, and not only among email users. Watch the
discussion in news.future for more enthusiastic people about richtext.
Splitting it out into a separate RFC would lower this effect, I think.

--
Luc Rooijakkers                                 Internet:
lwj(_at_)cs(_dot_)kun(_dot_)nl