Re: richtext <nl> model considered harmful

1992-02-04 23:57:12
At the risk of possibly rendering the RFC-MIME paper less stable,
I feel very strongly that solution -2- should be adopted and that
those silly <nl> lines go away without additional visual clutter.

Let's do what we have to do to make an enhancement that truely
enhances without undue intrusion on plain text readers.

I think "=" at the end of every line or <nl> between each paragraph
are gross and ugly and that it will become an obstruction to the adoption
of the basic richtext formatting.

Either say we oopsed with RFC-MIME on this one thing, or spin it off
as a separate RFC, but get rid of the <nl>!

-wdc
Nothing focuses the mind like having just missed a deadline.