Re: quoted-printable

1992-02-13 06:43:09
But aren't we forgetting something here? Would UTF be readable in
Japan? Japan has a large and established email community. We can't
simply ignore them.
Erik
I did not advocate getting rid of current codesets used for mail.  If
I did, I would advocate getting rid of both 7-bit ASCII and the
Japanese 2022 stuff.  I am just saying that we should stop inventing
new ones in favor of one which works for all languages.  As with most
things it will take time to migrate fully.  But at least we can set a
sensible direction for the future.