Re: file attachments in MIME Re: file attachments in MIME

1993-03-01 16:09:46
Excerpts from ext.ietf-822: 1-Mar-93 Re: file attachments in MIM.. Rens
Troost(_at_)lorax(_dot_)shears (918)

Whether bodyparts are "displayed" sequentially or as attachments (a
row of icons?) in the absence of any identifying application type
seems to me an issue best left to the design of the MUA.

The real issue here seems to me to be ``which of the bodyparts is the
non-attachment?''  I think there's a real need to have another multipart
subtype, namely ``attachments'', in which all bodyparts except for the
last are treated as attachments to the last part, which is treated as
the ``main'' message.  This eliminates the need for adding any headers
to the bodypart.

Bill