RE: file attachments in MIME

1993-03-04 13:00:37

I just want to second Ned Freed's comments about multi-part messages.

I often send attachments with Sun's mailtool, and like many others I
wouldn't want to lose that facility in order to gain multi-part messages.
I realise that MIME isn't forcing me to lose one or the other, strictly
speaking.  Nonetheless, people more concerned about meeting the specs than
interested in MIME will implement the least that they can get away with.

The difference between (mail messages + related objects) and
(sequence of separate things) is clear.

Should mailtool use "content-type: application" for attachments, or should
there be a "content-type: attachment" added to the draft?

Lee

--
lee(_at_)sq(_dot_)com (Liam Quin) the barefoot programmer; SoftQuad Inc +1 416
239 4801

PS: (my copy says February 1993 at the top of the pages, but at the foot
     expires Jan 8th 93, which doesn't seem quite right, so maybe I have a
     bad version -- sorry if this has already been added!)