Re: text/enriched

1993-09-04 11:21:58
Now, if you want to talk about special case logic, how about the fact that
<lt> doesn't have a corresponding </lt>? Now THAT's a special case! :-)

        <lt> doesn't change the state of the parser,  <bold> does.
Parser doesn't care,  though,  if there's no </bold>,  it just keeps
bolding the text until it gets EOF from the MUA.

Sorry, to me, your arguments aren't sufficient to override the fact that
"<<" LOOKS better than <lt>.

        Sure,  <<  looks better.   Again,  so what?
For pete's sake,  don't make the protocol fit your eyes,
it's gotta fit the "eyes" of a myriad of different computers,
most of which neither you nor I have seen.

                                      Tony Hansen
                          hansen(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)att(_dot_)com,
tony(_at_)attmail(_dot_)com
                              att!pegasus!hansen, attmail!tony

--
Rick Troth <troth(_at_)rice(_dot_)edu>, Rice University, Information Systems

--
Rick Troth <troth(_at_)rice(_dot_)edu>, Rice University, Information Systems