Re: text/enriched

1993-09-02 11:48:02
<< is a special case, however it is a special case of the same
magnitude as <lt>.  The change doesn't introduce "special case" logic,
it just trades one set of logic for another.

        It hits my parser in a completely different way that does require
"special case"  logic.   Everywhere else I can  "look between the angle
brackets",  but here I have to explicitly look for an immediate following
second open angle bracket,  and if it's there I must NOT look for a close.

        And along this line,  I'd just as soon require that > be coded
as  <gt>,  but I suppose that wouldn't fly with anyone either.   :-(

        To avoid rehashing the olde argument,  I won't say anything
about cosmetics being totally unimportant to processable text.

--
Rick Troth <troth(_at_)rice(_dot_)edu>, Rice University, Information Systems