Re: Query on a nit: Application vs. Text conten-type

1993-10-25 09:29:35
At  7:12 AM 10/25/93 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
Do folks care about this?  Any suggestion for language to give guidance
to Mime body-part spec writers?

- We have to worry about newline conversion.  Encoders and decoders need to
know whether line breaks should be mapped to CRLF and vice-versa.  Anyone
registering a text subtype should specify this.  (Anyone registering any
subtype should specify it, I think.)

- I know of one WP that stores its text largely as plain text, but in
random chunks of no particular size or order.  Is it worthwhile to call
this a text subtype?  If not, then we have a guideline about presenting
text in order.  :-)

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Inc.
    Sometimes it's easier to let your cockatoo eat your shoes