Re: Query on a nit: Application vs. Text conten-type

1993-10-25 11:12:45
Ned,

    ---- Included message:

    > I wonder whether such data would not be better classed under

    It is a judgement call the registrar of the type has to make. However, I
    don't know what subtypes you are referring to. Would you care to elaborate?

Well, STIF is not a distinct type, but PCI uses STIF and I chose to class it
as Content-type:Text on the theory that humans ought to be quite comforable
reading the stuff.  (That was, after all, a design goal for STIF.)

The spec for Signature uses Application.

Those are the two that pop to mind immediatley.  If I foraged, I'd probably
come up with more.  Lots of conversations have also triggered this question.

d/