RE: Re[2]: yet another way to indicate related MIME body parts

1993-10-27 07:10:41
At  5:41 PM 10/26/93 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
Perhaps in most cases the header parameter will be the same as the inner
header's content type, but I don't necessarily see why this needs to be a
requirement. There may be cases where a given multipart construct can have
different sorts of headers.

One of the suggested benefits of header-set is to allow alternative headers
for data without having to repeat the data.  If Ned wants a parameter that
tells him what "sort" of header-set it is, and you specify alternative
headers, THEN what?

multipart/header-set; type=???
    multipart/alternative
        application/applefile
        application/windows-info
    image/gif

What's ??? ?  "file-with-info" (as distinguished from "pem" or something)?
Is that enough for you, Ned?

Can your implementation solve this problem at all?  I know you may want to
turn into macbinary to keep Mac All-In-One happy.  But is there a Windows
version of All-In-One?  Do you need to turn it into something else for
that?  If so, how do you know which transformation to apply?

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Inc.
    Sometimes it's easier to let your cockatoo eat your shoes