Re: Text/enriched ambiguity

1993-10-31 16:17:17
to be.  I'm generally inclined to favor simplicity over power, mostly
because there's no shortage of arbitrarily powerful rich text languages
out there.  So I guess I would prefer see <param> eliminated entirely,

I'm certainly in favour of simplicity also.  But, I think I'd still like
to have some mechanism to say "don't display this because it consists of
commands for changing viewer configuration".  Thus, we have a single mechanism
to "wrap up" possible future extensions like the "colorentry" example in
a way that will maintain backwards-compatibility: i.e. older implementations
will simply ignore the enclosed text.  Even if we have no extensions in mind
at the moment, leaving a hole for them would be a good idea, IMHO.  Whether
is another issue.

Cheers,

Rhys.