Re: Response

1994-01-31 13:26:58
On Wed, 26 Jan 1994 12:23:42 EST, Masataka Ohta said:
Maybe someone else can summarize the state of the discussion for all of
us, so we can see what issues are still open, and for which the discussion
as yielded some answers.

As most of Uncoders have absolutely no knowledge on directioinality, it
is impossible.

Masataka:

Somebody else asserted that Unicode/ISO10646 *did* contain the
necessary directionality features.  Now, if I didn't mis-parse something,
this looks like you are saying "since most implementations don't
implement the standard, it's impossible".

What's wrong with this picture?  And assuming that we *do* specify
"the Masataka solution", why are we to expect that *that* will be
implemented any more widely?

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Engineer
                                Virginia Tech