Re: Broken MIME implementation

1994-07-11 14:52:07
The appropriate Lotus Notes person at Lotus just returned my call.
Lotus acknowledges that their Notes gateway has had problems with
header fields but they say they have a new version in beta that
should fix all the problems.

I've been asked to send Lotus e-mail detailing all of the problems
with their gateway MIME support.  I know about the lack of support
for 7bit transfer encoding and the bogus boundary string.  If anyone
knows of any other problems with Notes SMTP gateway and MIME, please
send me e-mail so I can build a comprehensive problem list.  Hopefully,
we'll get some fixes quickly.

- William Chung.
IBM Research
whchung(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com