Re: Ambiguity on 8859-* and bi-directionality

1994-07-13 07:29:56
At  6:31 AM 7/13/94 -0400, Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:
I really don't think that MIME has to be more specific about the
interpretation of the right-to-left languages than the ISO character set
specifications.  I think we could get away with saying that the
directionality issue is addressed by a separate RFC, but I don't think
we can cite it by number without having it go through the standards
process.

  I think that it would be a real disaster if MIME standardization were
held up by this issue, and I strongly oppose changes which will further
delay MIME standardization.

Jim