Re: 8-bit transmission in NNTP

1994-09-15 03:30:19
which use chars: =C4 =D6 (and =C5)  (TeX: \"A \"O \AA )

This line is meaningless to me.

Like Keith has commented earlier, "Just-send-8-bit without labeling
the character set is foolish"

To me, its foolish to try to have a standard to deny what is already
being used widely without any difficulty.

Not that Masataka's ISO-2022.. proposal would be that bad,  it just
feels to me a lot more like an interface in between MIME-parsing system
(pine, for example), and the display terminal..

Your interpretation is very good. That is, MIME should have nothing to
do with encoding issues.

                                                        Masataka Ohta