8-bit transmission in NNTP

1994-09-19 13:17:35

Sorry, I don't have a single solitary device or piece of software that can
deal with ISO-2022-INT-*.

The world is not quite devoid...

At least for X Window environment, my goal has been to provide a Text
widget (in Xew widgets available from ftp.x.org) that accepts ISO-2022
(as much of ISO 2022 as I have coded in, and as much as your X11 fonts
match the registered character sets). [Actually not many at this
point, ISO-8859, JIS, GB and KSC, and with a trick even BIG5, which is
*NOT* ISO-2022 conformant].

I don't claim this widget is perfect, and ready for production use,
but I fix the bugs and omissions, if they are reported to me.

Any other widgets accepting "compound text" like inputs will also do.

--
Markku Savela (savela(_at_)tel(_dot_)vtt(_dot_)fi), Technical Research Centre
of Finland