Re: 8-bit transmission in NNTP

1994-09-26 16:59:13
Of course, to display ISO-8859-1 or ISO-2022-INT-*, full support
of ISO 2022 is not necessary.

Umm. could we please have a re-parse of this?  Exactly what level of
ISO-2022 is required to display 8859-1? For instance, I use a standard
stock 'xterm' with a 8859-1 font.

That you can use xterm with 8859/1 font and display raw ISO-8859-1
message is because xterm support the capability of ISO 2022 to
simultaneously use two character sets in GL and GR parts.

If there is any -2022 support in there,
I am unaware of it.  But I can display 8859-1 just fine.

You can use xterm without noticing ISO 2022 support in it, of course.

For further information, read ISO 2022 or xterm program.

                                                Masataka Ohta