Re: ISO 2022 (Was: Re: The Swedish Initiative)

1994-11-18 14:25:31
At 7:23 PM 11/18/94, Kazuhiko Yamamoto
=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=  <kazu wrote:
<About Unicode>
Please stop attacking Unicode on this list. This list is about 822 and mail
extensions, not about the merits of character sets. Every time someone puts
out an attack on Unicode that I feel is unfair, I have had to waste the
time of the people on this list rebutting it. I don't want to have to do
that any more.

If you want to attack Unicode, do it in an appropriate forum, like
comp.std.international, or the ietf-charsets list, or the unicode or 10646
lists (perhaps someone else on this list can suggest an appropriate
place?).

If anyone has questions about the points raised in Yamamoto-san's message
and wants to hear an opposing point of view, feel free to contact me by
private e-mail.

David Goldsmith
david_goldsmith(_at_)taligent(_dot_)com
Senior Scientist