Re: SWEDISH CHARACTERS IN EMAIL: THE SUNET INITIATIVE

1994-12-02 17:14:01
At 7:40 AM 11/30/94, Masanobu UMEDA wrote:

In article <YimqWwH0Eyt586ee13(_at_)nsb(_dot_)fv(_dot_)com>
nsb(_at_)nsb(_dot_)fv(_dot_)com (Nathaniel
Borenstein) writes:

  you can now send out a message, similar to mine, that contains several
  different languages and can be read even more widely than my MIME
  message?  I look forward to seeing it.  Until you produce it, however,
  your claim that "now is then" is about as meaningful as a claim that "up
  is down".  -- Nathaniel

Okay, how about the following example?  It is a part of the sample

your example demonstrated your own ability to ENCODE such data.  However,
what arrived at my system was not interpretable to my mime-aware email
software.  Hence, I'm afraid that you demonstrated  the lack of an adequate
interpretation infrastructure, as Nathaniel has cited.

d/

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg Consulting                          Phone:  +1 408 246 8253
675 Spruce Dr.                                  Fax:    +1 408 249 6205
Sunnyvale, CA  94086               Email:
dcrocker(_at_)mordor(_dot_)stanford(_dot_)edu