Re: SWEDISH CHARACTERS IN EMAIL: THE SUNET INITIATIVE

1994-12-01 07:55:06
The SPARC workstation on my desk comes with a MIME mail reader (mailtool)
under Solaris 2.

I didn't have to install it.  I didn't have to configure it.  I don't want
to have to configure my mailer, thank you.

It doesn't do ISO 2022, your mail message was gibberish.
The earlier MIME example showed up as having attachments that I could
save as separate files and examine separately.

MIME gives me a way to cope.

Yes, I am a programmer.  Yes, I've been programming on Unix since 1981. Yes,
I am and have been actively involved in multi-lingual i18n.  And no, just
because I know how to compile, configure & install mail systems doesn't
mean that I want to.  I know how to lay bricks too, but I'd rather buy
a house.

Let's try & work together to make MIME work.
I'm interested in ISO 2022, but then, I might have been interested in Betamax
video tapes too.  But not now, when almost everyone uses VHS.

Lee

--
Liam Quin, SoftQuad Inc +1 416 239 4801 lee(_at_)sq(_dot_)com
<URL:http://www.sq.com/>