Re: SWEDISH CHARACTERS IN EMAIL: THE SUNET INITIATIVE

1994-12-05 11:33:04
I have never seen an ISO 8859-1 message on the Internet that
used escape sequences as designators.

I wrote all the charsets use "invocation and/or designation mechanisms"
                                            ^^
of ISO 2022, which is definitely true for ISO 8859/1 on the Internet.

What do you mean by "invocation and/or designation mechanism" in
this case?
If you mean that the Norwegian 8-bit users talk about "ISO 8859-1"
when they talk about their character set, I can understand what
you are saying (but not that it is terribly useful), but otherwise, I don't.

            Harald T. Alvestrand