Re: MIME boundary question

1995-02-09 12:23:42
< I have a vendor claiming that this is illegal because the "outer" appears
< in the boundary "outer-inner", and thus violates the need for the
< boundaries to be unique.  Their claim is in fact that "outer" must appear
< NOWHERE in the body--not merely that "--outer<CRLF>" must not appear in
< the body.
<
< I think this is absolutely preposterous.  I think that the uniqueness
< requirement means that the string "--outer<CRLF>" must not appear as body
< contents, but that "--outer-inner<CRLF>" is perfectly OK (so far as the
< outer multipart goes), and that the fragment above is therefore perfectly
< ok.
<
< What say you all?  Have I misread the RFC?  Has the other vendor?  Does
< the RFC need to be clarified?

My interpretation is the same as yours.

                                        Tony Hansen
                            hansen(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)att(_dot_)com,
tony(_at_)attmail(_dot_)com
                                att!pegasus!hansen, attmail!tony