Re: MIME boundary question

1995-02-09 14:46:52
Steve,

My reading of the spec, 1521, is pretty clear - the example boundaries
are unique.  Section 7.2 says "The encapsulation boundary MUST NOT
appear inside any of the encapsulated parts".  In 7.21 we have, "The
encapsulation boundary is defined as a line consisting entirelly of
two hyphen characters ("-", decimal code 45) followed by the boundary
parameter value".  Note, it is the encapsulation boundary, not the
boundary (parameter) that must be unique.

The ABNF also distinguishes between delimiter and boundary.

        delimiter := "--" boundary CRLF

        boundary  := 0*69<bchars> bcharsnospcae

Looks to me like the vendor needs to mend.

Best.../Ed