Re: MIME implementation documentation

1996-08-16 08:22:00
At 2:47 AM -0700 8/16/96, John C Klensin wrote:
Just a hunch, based on MUAs I've looked at recently, but
  multipart/alternative
and
  multipart/parallel

                grrrrr.  good point.

                parallel is a lost, good idea.  alternative is important,
but I DO note that my own MUA doesn't support it.  grrrrr.

from the wire is trivial and uninteresting.  Implementing to a
level of quality needed to show actual utility -- that the
feature has the right syntax and semantics to actually serve
useful purpose as defined -- is, IMO, another matter and I'm not
convinced that we are there yet.

        agree, about the importance.  suspect you are right about status.

d/

Dave Crocker                                            +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                             fax: +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr.
dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com
Sunnyvale CA 94086 USA                       http://www.brandenburg.com

Internet Mail Consortium               http://www.imc.org,