Re: Content-Type: text/paragraph. An alternative proposal

1998-02-18 19:59:59
At 11.59 -0800 98-02-18, Dan Wing wrote:
I don't think deprecating text/paragraph is a good idea.  The reason
text/plain is being abused is because it is useful to send entire
paragraphs in one line and let the receipient's MUA word wrap.  Today
it is useful because of wide displays, and tomorrow it'll be useful
for narrow displays (on PDAs), as was pointed out.

I agree.

(Would it not be nice, if e-mail allowed me to say "I agree" without
having to disturb everyone by sending them a separate message. My
"agreement" could instead be automatically collated with other
agreements and disagreements and shown statistically to users.
But the way e-mail works today, the only way you have to say that
you agree is to send a separate message saying this!)

Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)