Re: overdefining text/plain?

1998-02-20 06:47:13
Excerpts from bulk.interesting.mildly: 19-Feb-98 Re: overdefining
text/plain? Ned Freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com (3278*)

I have a non-procedural problem with the parameter approach, myself. I see
this as broadening the definition of text/plain to include material which is
not presently legal. This weakens the definition and makes it harder to deal
effectively with incompliant products.

OK, Ned, you've convinced me that the subtype approach is preferable to
the parameter approach.  -- Nathaniel
--------
In the long run men hit only what they aim at.  Therefore, though they
should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high.  -- Thoreau

Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb(_at_)fv(_dot_)com>          |  FAQ & PGP key:
Chief Scientist, First Virtual Holdings    |
nsb+faq(_at_)nsb(_dot_)fv(_dot_)com