Re: text/paragraph summary

1998-02-19 13:34:26
(2) There might, at some time in the future, be a wish to use this
    subtype to other primary types than text/plain.

widetext/paragraph

widetext/plain; wrap=whatever

I don't see there's much difference between a subtype and a parameter in
this respect.

Beside the issue of MUA's that don't deal with text/whatever, what about
non-traditional MUA's like fax gateways, pager gateways, etc, etc?  These
may tend to be quite a bit more "suspicious" about text/whatever, and I'm
pessimistic about how easy it will be to get these things fixed.

In fact it might simplify things to never define widetext/plain -- thus

Except for my fear of mailers not liking text/whatever, I'm very tempted to
pretend that TEXT/plain wasn't ever defined, at least for sending purposes.
I see no point in prohibiting recipient-imposed wrapping.  I can't see any
downside at all to sending even short lines in text/paragraph.  This is
another thing that makes me think 2046 was wrong to add the "no wrap"
restriction.